You'll often find notes of cherry and cocoa in a glass of our Collier Falls Zinfandel, which makes this delicious dessert the perfect pairing the next time you open one of our Zins.
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
6 4-inch chocolate tart shells, baked
1 Quart dark cherries, pitted
2 Cups Collier Falls Zinfandel
3 Tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons sugar, granulated
cocoa powder, for dusting, as needed
1. Place pitted cherries in bowl; pour wine over. Cover and marinate 1 hour.
2. Set the individual baked tart shells (in forms) on a baking sheet.
3. Remove cherries with slotted spoon, making sure to drain well.. Pack into baked tart shells, smooth sides up.
4. Transfer 1/2 cup wine to nonreactive saucepan; add cream and sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
5. Divide wine mixture among tarts. Bake at 350 degrees F until juices are bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool about 30 minutes, then unmold.
Serve dusted with cocoa powder and a glass of Collier Falls Zinfandel or Late Harvest Primitivo.